Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Intro

Bike Fiend Rides Again







The Bike Fiends Mission Statement for this blog is as goes:
To share some cool tales, imagery and to document were I have gone with all my travels.
To give a report on the various races I participate in.

Mark Hartman




There will be a lot of talk about new bikes and parts. I have worked at the Geneva Bicycle Center for the last 8 years as the Service Manager. My job gives me lots of exposure to new stuff on the market and sometimes I get to test that stuff out a Little sooner than some people.






Vitals

  • Name: Mark Hartman
  • Age: 32
  • Married: To the best woman on EARTH, Suzanne Hartman
  • Pet: One Vicious Rottweiler named Cadence
  • Likes: Climb, Descend, Flow, Jump...Repeat
  • Dislikes: Whiners, just shut up and ride!



This video was shot behind my buddy Casey's Cabin. It must be nice to have trails running through your back yard. This trail is a true gem. Its name is Cannonball and it has all the elements flow, tech, jumps, drops, speed and smiles at the end. It drops about 300 ft. in a little over a mile it takes about 2 to 3 minuets to complete. If you're chasing Casey on his NASCAR bike down the hill catching your breath at the bottom is job #1.










The sailor is a 17 foot gap with a 7 foot drop to the landing. The landing is forever long I am landing 20 + feet down the hill. I am jumping over another line that has loads of tech and ends with a 4 foot drop further down the hill.







1 comment:

Kari V. said...

thats me I definitely whin....HE HE